This membership type is aimed at managers responsible for Mental Health Advisers, Specialist Mental Health Mentors or similar (this might be Disability Advisers who see students with mental health conditions or other wellbeing staff). To become a member of UMHAN as a manager, you must meet the criteria below and agree to follow our Capability and Conduct Framework. Please read this in conjunction with our pages on language and terminology and our aims.
- Be working in Higher Education
- Have Mental Health as the primary or a significant focus of your role
- Promote equality, inclusion and the rights of those with mental health conditions studying in Higher Education
- Enable and encourage any team members to join UMHAN at an appropriate level
- This will include facilitating their access to appropriate supervision and CPD as per our guidance
- Collect and analyse clinical and other relevant data to inform service development with an appropriate evidence base
If you continue to undertake 1:1 work with students, please apply as an Accredited Practitioner; please tick the box “I am a practitioner with management responsibilities” to ensure you are given access to the appropriate member content.
If Mental Health is a significant focus of your work, or you do not meet the criteria above, you may still be eligible to join UMHAN as an Associate Member.