Volunteer with us
Here are some quick suggestions of how you can work with us to contribute to our aims:
- If you're a Mental Health Adviser or Specialist Mentor, apply to join UMHAN: You will need to complete an application form. If accepted, you will be able to contribute to UMHAN as much or as little as you want and will be able to stand for UMHAN Committee. Members of our Network find it helpful to share resources and training materials. Members may represent UMHAN and promote membership as part of their work.
- Volunteer: If you want to volunteer and devote some time this year to work to your strengths with us - whether helping out at conferences, helping with publicity, writing articles - please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you're a manager of a Mental Health in Higher Education service: If you're managing a service which is fulfilling this role or managing someone with a Mental Health Adviser position, you can encourage your staff to become members and connect with us.
- Other organisations: If you're a member of an organisation interested in our work, get in touch and let us know how we could mutually benefit each others' aims.
- Promote rights in mental health: Make sure students know their rights in Higher Education, especially if you are a student yourself or know someone who is.
- If you're a student or staff at a university or college: Do something for University Mental Health Day, share a constructive experience of disclosing mental health difficulties for our I Chose To Disclose campaign, write a blog for us about your experiences of mental health at university. You can find out some more information about our events and campaigns.
- Donate/Fundraise: Giving what you can to UMHAN means we can do even more work! We are registered with the Charities Commission (charity number 1155038). Any donations will go to fulfilling the organisation's aims. You can find us on EasyFundraising and BTmydonate. See our Fundraising Pack for more ideas.
- Stay in touch with us! We would like to keep you updated and involved in our aims and objectives. You can find us on social network sites using the icons at the top of our webpages.