Skip to main content
UMHAN's Capability Framework below broadly encompasses the skills, knowledge and attitudes required by mental health practitioners working in Higher Education settings.
The framework aims to provide sufficient detail:
- For valuing the existing skills and professionalism of people working in HE-settings who provide practical support to people with mental health difficulties.
- To identify specialist capabilities linked to the Higher Education setting.
- For managers of HE-specific mental health services in creating work environments that foster best practice, including a framework for appraisal and performance review.
- For members in assessing needs in relation to continued professional development.
- To guide training consortia when reviewing and developing training.