UMHAN's Capability Framework below broadly encompasses the skills, knowledge and attitudes required by mental health practitioners working in Higher Education settings.
The framework aims to provide sufficient detail:
- For valuing the existing skills and professionalism of people working in HE-settings who provide practical support to people with mental health difficulties.
- To identify specialist capabilities linked to the Higher Education setting.
- For managers of HE-specific mental health services in creating work environments that foster best practice, including a framework for appraisal and performance review.
- For members in assessing needs in relation to continued professional development.
- To guide training consortia when reviewing and developing training.