Motions and Amendments
- All members of UMHAN may submit motions to the AGM.
- All motions should be submitted to the Secretary (email@example.com) using the form below no later than 4 weeks prior to the AGM. Motions received after this date will not be accepted. All motions should be proposed and seconded by a UMHAN Member.
- All motions will be published prior to the AGM, usually by email, to Members. Members will then be invited to submit amendments to the motion to the Secretary no later than 2 weeks prior to the AGM. All amendments should be proposed and seconded by a UMHAN member.
- After the closing date for amendments, all motions and their amendments will be sent to Members (usually by email), together with details on how to vote, and the closing date for email/postal votes.
- No motion or amendment to a motion can be submitted at the AGM.
- At the AGM each motion will be read out and, if necessary, the proposer invited to speak about the motion. If the proposer is unable to attend the AGM, he/she may submit a written statement to be read in the meeting. If no amendments have been proposed, a vote is taken in line with the Constitution.
- If an amendment has been proposed, this will be read after the original motion and the proposer of the amendment will be invited to speak about the amendment, if necessary.
- A vote is then taken on the amendment first. If this is carried, then the original motion falls and the amendment is incorporated into the original motion, and a vote is then taken on the full amended version. If the amendment fails, then a vote is taken on the original, un-amended motion.